Thursday, April 13, 2006

Jolie - A Sweet Dog

I’m not sure what it is that draws us humans to such an endearing relationship with our pets, but once we’re caught in the wave of emotions throughout the life with our pet, when it’s time for us to make the decision to put them to sleep, we fall apart. Today, I had to take our little Lhasa-poo girl, and have her put to sleep. It was one of the hardest things I ever had to do. I had a choice of either dropping her off and let the vets do what vets do, or choose to stay with her during the heart-wrenching procedure – for me, not her. Even though it broke my heart, I’m glad I stayed. Our family will miss her, but we all knew it was time for her to go. She was a sweet puppy and gave us over 15 years of fun, entertainment, love, and affection. It was a great 15 years. We will miss you Jolie. Thanks for being such a great little puppy.

1 comment:

Lynetta said...

Ernie,
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's truly like losing a member of the family when we lose a beloved pet.
May you be comforted by good memories with her!
Blessings,