Tuesday, October 23, 2007

my life, unscripted by Tricia Goyer

scripted

Had my daughters still been teenagers, Tricia's book would have been a "must read" for both of them. I can attest to the trials and struggles that confront all teenagers, no matter what type of upbringing or lifestyle they live in. Ernie Wenk
Drawing on Biblical prinicples, My Life, Unscripted guides girls through the tumultous teen years by teaching them to have a plan of attack before temptation or hardship come.
Tricia's Script:
Looking back at my drama-filled teen years I now wonder ... What was I thinking?
The truth? I wasn't. I lived from day to day on every wave of emotion. Some days excitement and passion partnered up, pattering wildly within my heart.
Other days, depression and anxiety were my silent friends. I lived each day as it came, with no plan for my future, for my relationships, or for my heart.
I lived my life completely unscripted ... and, well, it didn't go well for me. Teen pregnancy and a broken heart were only two consequences. Yet my prayer is that when teen girls are asked Who's Writing Your Life? their answer will be ME ... with the guidance of God, My Director.

To purchase a copy, or several for your church's youth group click on this link

No comments: